Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
This vegan chocolate pudding is such a familiar favorite for so many of us. We may have grown up with it in the form of breakable packets while proceeding to lick the peelable lid upon uncovering. It’s a kiddo favorite, but it most certainly can be an adult favorite as well! If you like this vegan chocolate pudding try this guava pitaya vegan chia pudding or these vegan creme brulees!
If you’re dairy-free, not to fret as this recipe is entirely vegan and entirely indulgent! To make this recipe you’ll need some ingredients that may not be in your typical pantry. I’ve detailed them below with clickable links to my favorites.
How To Make Vegan Chocolate Pudding Tips & Tricks:
Making this vegan chocolate pudding is extremely easy with only a short amount of time needed to complete the recipe.
Dilute your cornstarch: If the cornstarch is added without diluting it first your pudding will have lumps. Avoid this by diluting with a coconut milk fist.
Combine all of your ingredients & stir vigorously until combined. Let the cornstarch begin to thicken the pudding by allowing it to bubble for a few minutes or until desired consistency.
Use a stainless steel pan: Using a stainless steel pan helps to ensure you are not releasing toxic non-stick by-products into your pudding.
Choose high-quality ingredients: Choosing high quality cacao powder as well as high quality cacao butter is ideal for this recipe.
Buy organic cornstarch: If you are concerned about GMOs feel free to buy organic cornstarch vs. conventional.
If vegan, buy organic: If you’re vegan sugar is often only vegan if purchased organically when it is white in coloration. In this recipe, we are using palm sugar (naturally vegan) which is not combined with bone char to achieve a white appearance. If vegan, avoid substitutions if you are unsure.
Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- 30 g raw cacao butter
- 1 tbsp organic cornstarch
- 1/3 cup raw cacao *Not cocoa
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup organic coconut palm sugar Remember, sugar must be organic to be vegan
- dash salt
- 1 13.5 can full fat coconut milk If you use light coconut milk, be sure to boost your cacao butter to 45g
- 1/4 vanilla bean (optional)
- Start by combining a small amount of coconut milk with your cornstarch until fully combined. Reserve.
- Add a small amount of coconut milk to a bowl with cacao powder and slowly mix with a whisk until cacao is smooth without any lumps. Continue to add in remaining coconut milk.
- Add your cacao butter to your pan and your coconut sugar. Slowly add in coconut milk as your cacao butter melts. Once this occurs, add your cornstarch coconut milk mixture & cacao powder mixture to the pan and whisk until the pudding thickens as you bring it to a boil.
- Remove immediately when the pudding thickens enough to your liking. (Remember this will thicken additionally when cooled.)
- Pass the mixture through a strainer if needed and cool in a flat tray to properly cool. You may add this to your freezer (remove any product around it) to speed up the cooling process. Whisk when removed to ensure the best consistency.
- Once cooled, serve & enjoy!
More Recipes To Enjoy
- Seedy Granola (Great with this recipe!)
- Vegan Chia Pudding (That Taste Like Icing)
Did you try this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you make this recipe! That way you can share with your friends and I can better understand which recipes everyone is loving on the site! If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Find out the right way to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.
Leave a Reply