Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Chocolate pudding is such a familiar favorite for so many of us. We may have grown up with it in the form of breakable packets while proceeding to lick the base of the lid upon uncovering. It’s a kiddo favorite, but it most certainly can be an adult favorite as well! Plant-based chocolate pudding may not be something that everyone has had.
If you’re dairy-free, not to fret as this recipe is entirely vegan and entirely indulgent! To make this recipe you’ll need some ingredients that may not be in your typical pantry. I’ve detailed them below with clickable links to my favorites and the most cost-effective ones built into the recipe ingredients.
Plant-Based Chocolate Pudding
- Start by combining a small amount of coconut milk with your cornstarch until fully combined. Reserve.
- Add a small amount of coconut milk to a bowl with cacao powder and slowly mix with a whisk until cacao is smooth without any lumps. Continue to add in remaining coconut milk.
- Add your cacao butter to your pan and your coconut sugar. Slowly add in coconut milk as your cacao butter melts. Once this occurs, add your cornstarch coconut milk mixture & cacao powder mixture to the pan and whisk until the pudding thickens as you bring it to a boil.
- Remove immediately when the pudding thickens enough to your liking. (Remember this will thicken additionally when cooled.)
- Pass the mixture through a strainer if needed and cool in a flat tray to properly cool. You may add this to your freezer (remove any product around it) to speed up the cooling process. Whisk when removed to ensure the best consistency.
- Once cooled, serve & enjoy!
More Recipes To Enjoy
Did you try this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you make this recipe! That way you can share with your friends and I can better understand which recipes everyone is loving on the site! If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Find out the right way to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.