Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
This blue spirulina smoothie is made of nutrient-dense spirulina as well as fiber-rich ingredients such as oats, almond butter, banana, and antioxidant-rich blueberries. Not to mention, this smoothie is incredibly pretty & perfect for freezing into pops!
Benefits of This Spirulina Smoothie
- Blue Spirulina: Spirulina is rich in B vitamins however while many claim it has vitamin B12, it only contains what is seen as a pseudovitamin. This means that it doesnt have enough in it for us to receive the vitamin’s benefits. While this is true, the B vitamins that are present help to contribute to are overall amino acid intake.
- Oats and Oat milk: Both of these ingredients will help to contribute to the fiber content of this smoothie while the oat milk will provide fortified vitamins and minerals.
- Bananas: This is another source of excellent fiber while contributing to the sweetness and creaminess of our smoothie!
- Blueberries: This ingredient is filled with antioxidants and contributes to the dark purple color when combined with blue spirulina.
- Almond Butter:
Blue Spirulina Smoothie
- 2/3 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup oat milk or desired milk of choice / water also works! You may also sub this with extra almond butter & water
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1/4-1/2 frozen organic blueberries
- 1/2-1 tsp blue spirulina
- 1 heaping tbsp almond butter
- Pinch sea salt optional
- Start off by adding all of your ingredients to your blender except your spirulina and nut butter.
- Your spirulina and nut butter should be the last thing added so that it does not stick to the side of your blender.
- Blend fully until combined. Serve & enjoy.
More Recipes To Try
Did you try this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you make this recipe! That way you can share with your friends and I can better understand which recipes everyone is loving on the site! If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Find out the right way to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.
Tag me! @chefdeeboss