Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
This sesame mango kale salad is one of my favorite summer side salads. It’s refreshing and crisp from the crunchy carrots, cashews, and cabbage while being refreshingly sweet from the mango sesame dressing! It’s filled with nutrients from a variety of veggies with small boosts of protein from the nuts and seeds. Make it a side dish for pairing with a grilled protein, or let it shine as a main course!
How To Make This Sesame Mango Kale Salad
- Wash & dry all produce.
- Slice or grate your carrots, radishes, & cabbage. If possible, I suggest using a Japanese mandolin over a grater as the texture of the product comes out as intended here in this recipe.
- Make & reserve your dressing. To make this sesame mango dressing you’ll want to use a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix as it will be a dressing that is fully emulsified.
- Chop & massage your kale. When making any kale salad, the rough exterior of the kale can be broken down by using salad tongs. This will help to make the texture of the kale slightly less rough and easier to digest.
- Combine, Serve, & Enjoy. To combine this salad as a whole, add all your chopped or sliced veggies along with a desirable amount of salad dressing. Use freshly cracked salt and pepper along with crushed peanuts, making sure to use a few on top of the salad to ensure they are visible for allergen clues.
Sesame Mango Kale Salad
- Japanese Mandolin
- Salad Spinner
- Chef's Knife
- Vitamix or High Speed Blender
- Mixing Bowls
Mango Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 large ripe mango (about 1.5 cups) frozen can also work!
- 3 limes juice of (3) limes or 1/4 cup rice vinegar use lime if sensative to vinegar (MCAS)
- 1 small shallot
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard or 2 tsp mustard seeds use mustard seeds if MCAS patient
- 1/2-1 tsp toasted sesame oil (must be toasted version!)
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (if neeeded – taste before adding!)
- 1/4 cup filtered water (optional)
- 4-6 cups packed chopped kale
- 1/2 cup carrots (about 1 large carrot)
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- 1/2 cup shaved red cabbage
- 1/2-1 tsp sesame seed blend
- 1/4 cup shaved radishes
- 1/8 cup sliced scallions
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender except the grapeseed oil. Combine until smooth and slowly add in your grapeseed oil until fully amulsified. Reserve extra for up to 1/2 month+ in the fridge. (If using frozen mango, rinse prior to adding to your blender)
- Chop your kale, shred your carrots, & slice your red cabbage (preferably on the above mandolin) You may also grate your carrots and red cabbage if you do not have a mandolin.
- Add all salad ingredients to a bowl and add the dressing. Massage the dressing into the ingredients with tongs or a gloved hand. Serve & top with sesame seeds.
More Recipes To Try
Did you try this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you make this recipe! That way you can share with your friends and I can better understand which recipes everyone is loving on the site! If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Find out how to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.