Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
These refined sugar free macaroons are quick, easy, crunchy on the outside & creamy on the inside with just enough sweetness to satisfy sweet treat cravings. Coconut combined with chocolate was one of my favorite things growing up. While I no longer enjoy chocolate as much as before, I settle for the combination, one with less of that pesky chocolate trigger.
Enter delicious refined sugar-free coconut macaroons! Dress them up with chocolate coating or leave them ‘naked.’ Crispy edges, sweet & tender insides make these the perfect macaroons and they’re only 7 ingredients!
While a traditional coconut macaroon is made from refined sugar in the form of condensed milk, these are refined sugar free macaroons sweetened with maple syrup or the option to make them honey coconut macaroons giving them a more earthy flavor!
Coconut shreds nestled & married with coconut milk, almond, vanilla, egg, and maple these puffy & fluffy coconut macaroons are easy as can be and require only a bowl, spatula, sheet tray, and measuring cups/spoons to complete!
How To Make These Coconut Macaroons:
Preheat: Preheat your oven to 350 to allow for it to heat up while you measure & mix your ingredients.
Measure: Measure your ingredients & place all of them in a bowl.
Mix: There’s no true correct way to mix this recipe so feel free to combine all ingredients and either combine with a spatula or a whisk.
Scoop: Using a smaller metal scooper (just below the size of an ice cream scoop, scoop that mixture into 7 large macaroons or 14 small macaroons.
Bake: Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes for smaller coconut macaroons and 20-22 minutes for large macaroons.
Refined Sugar-Free Coconut Macaroons
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut not fine ground
- 3 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ cup heavy full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 bean
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1/8-1/4 tsp salt
- Turn your oven on to 350.
- Combine all of your ingredients in a bowl and form macaroons into either 14 small macaroons or 7 large macaroons.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes for your small macaroons or 20-22 for larger macaroons. Eat & Enjoy!
- If you would like to freeze these, simply allow them to cool and let them freeze individually on a flat tray to then be added to a container or freezer-safe bag for later enjoyment.
- Pop the macaroons into your air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 to warm up later on. This will work fine for frozen or refrigerated macaroons.
More Recipes To Enjoy
- Mocktail Passiontfruit Margarita (Great for MCAS!)
- Sorghum Breakfast Bowl
- Gluten-free & Dairy-free Biscuits
Did you try this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you make this recipe! That way you can share with your friends and I can better understand which recipes everyone is loving on the site! If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Find out the right way to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.
Leave a Reply