Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
These Plant-based Thai Meatballs are busting with flavor, veggie-dense, and nearly identical in texture to a traditional meatball. It pairs perfectly with an array of fresh veggies dressed up with my creamy ginger annatto dressing!
Plant-Based Thai Meatballs
- 1.5 cup sunflower haché
- 1.5 cups water
- ½ can chickpeas
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- ½ onion about ½-⅔ cup
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil for onions
- 2 garlic cloves or 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1-2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 full scallions
- 1 tbsp sesame seed blend
- Cracked black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Fresh grated ginger about 2 inches
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil for pan searing
- Start off by washing all of your produce and allowing it to dry slightly.
- Dice your onions into small dice while finely mincing your scallions.
- Add all of your ingredients except your onions, sunflower haché, and water into a bowl.
- Next, using your sunflower meat combine it with water until it boils and the water disappears fully. Reserve
- After this, follow with 1 tbsp of olive oil or avocado oil and cook your onions until caramelized. Follow by adding it to your bowl mixture.
- While that cooks, mash the chickpeas as best as possible. I like to use a cocktail muddler.
- Follow by mixing your ingredients together, and add as much grated ginger as you'd like. I like to add quite a bit!
- Using a smaller culinary scoop, form the 15 meatballs and reserve in the fridge for about 15-30 minutes.
- Once ready to cook, use avocado oil to pan sear them. Plate them with my Thai Cabbage Salad, ginger annatto dressing, lots of cilantro, and even cucumbers & bib lettuce!
More Recipes To Enjoy
Did you try this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you make this recipe! That way you can share with your friends and I can better understand which recipes everyone is loving on the site! If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Find out the right way to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.
Leave a Reply