Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
This Chocolate Ganache Tart is a plant-based recipe filled with decadent ingredients while being refined sugar-free. It’s large enough for a party while convenient enough for a sweet treat for individuals as it’s a freezer-safe sweet treat.
If you like quick and easy desserts you may enjoy these pumpkin donuts or these refined sugar-free coconut macaroons.
Chocolate Ganache Tart Recipe Tips & Tricks
Making this chocolate ganache tart is simple, quick, and delicious. They hold extremely well and are great for those looking for a refined sugar-free treat without having a large dessert.
Make ahead: This chocolate tart recipe is a perfect dessert to make ahead of time. You can make these a few days in advance and keep in a covered container for up to a week. If making smaller ganache tarts ahead of time, I recommend keeping them flat as oppose to stacking them on top of each other.
Soak your nuts: To achieve the creamiest texture possible, it’s important to soak the cashews the night prior or for at least for an hour or so. You can speed up the soaking process if you cover them with boiling water as well. This helps to penetrate the nut for it to be able to be fully blended.
Invest in a Vitamix: This is certainly one of my top recommendations for those who spend a lot of time in the kitchen. While a Vitamix may be an investment piece for many, it’s well worth its price point due to its power and versatility. With this recipe, it will be important to use a high-speed blender. If this is not possible, use a chinois to achieve this. We are looking for a completely smooth texture for these plant-based chocolate tarts. This is the one that I have but in silver!
Shop By Clicking On The Images Below
Chocolate Ganache Tart
Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 1 cup cashews
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp refined coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
Chocolate Ganache Tart Crust:
- 1 cup hazelnuts toasted
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- If possible, soak your cashews overnight in filtered water, just enough to cover the product. If you are unable, I recommend soaking them with boiling water to increase the soaking technique.
- Once soaked, remove the water and reserve the nuts.
- Set your oven to 350F. Add the hazelnuts to a baking sheet. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden. This is optional however I greatly recommend it!
- Let them cool & remove the skins by lightly massaging your hands over them. Follow by pulsing them into small chunks (not a powder) in a food processer.
- Next, combine all of your crust ingredients, making sure your coconut oil is melted.. It will be a cakey-like consistency but be sure to combine all of the ingredients as best as possible.
- Next, using the crust mixture, scoop the mixture into your tart trays and create the crust edges while patting down on the base with either your fingers or a spatula.
Chocolate Filing Instructions:
- Strain your cashews and add them to a high-speed blender (preferably a Vitamix.)
- Follow this by adding your other ingredients and blending until fully combined. You may have to scrape the sides with a spatula to be able to achieve that creamy texture.
- If your mixture still does not appear smooth enough to your liking, be sure to put it through a fine mesh strainer or a chinois if necessary. Cut wax paper to line the base of your tart pans.
- Next, pour the mixture into your tart crusts, evenly distributing between pans. Any leftover chocolate can be an initial sweet treat! 😛
- Finally, add the tarts to a fridge for at least 1 hour so it can harden. Once this occurs, pop the base of the trays to reveal your formed tart. Plate, sprinkle with desired garnishings, & enjoy!
More Recipes To Enjoy
Did you try this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you make this recipe! Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Tag @chefdeeboss in the post & in the caption so that I can see your creations!
To find out the proper way to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.
Jon Jon Pratt says
Best damn chocolate tart cake I ever had. Going to be using this recipe for all of my family gatherings
Dustin Kawasaki says
There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate. Thanks Chef Dee for creating this sweet and savory dessert!
You’re welcome, my friend!! More delicious moments to come together!