Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
These plant-based chocolate tarts are filled with decadent ingredients while being refined sugar-free. They’re just large enough to share and a delightful treat to satisfy any sweet tooth!
Made from creamy coconut, cashews, carob, and cacao powder, along with an almond flour crust, they’ll be a great addition to your holiday table. This blog post has been inspired by our friends over at @foodsalive where you can find tons of great #REALhealthfood options! You can find out more by clicking here.
Plant-based Chocolate Tarts Tips & Tricks
Making these plant-based chocolate tarts are simple, quick, and delicious. They hold extremely well, and are great for those looking for a refined sugar free treat without having a large dessert.
Make ahead: This recipe is a perfect dessert to make ahead of time. You can make these a few days in advance and keep in a covered container for up to a week. If making them ahead of time, I recommend keeping them flat oppose to stacking them on top of eachother.
Soak your nuts: To achieve the creamiest texture possible, it’s important to soak the cashews the night prior or for at least for an hour or so. You can speed up the soaking process if you cover them with boiling water as well. This helps to penetrate the nut for it to be able to be fully blended.
Invest in a Vitamix: This is certainly one of my top recommendations for those who spend a lot of time in the kitchen. While a Vitamix may be an investment piece for many, it’s well worth its price point due to its power and versatility. With this recipe, it will be important to use a high-speed blender. If this is not possible, use a chinois to achieve this. We are looking for a completely smooth texture for these plant-based chocolate tarts. This is the one that I have but in silver!
Shop By Clicking On The Images Below
Plant-based Chocolate Tarts
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup organic brown sugar / organic coconut sugar / maple syrup
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil / 2-3 tbsp coconut oil if using maple syrup
- ¼ cup gluten free flour blend
- ½ cup Foods Alive cashews
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp Foods Alive carob powder OR 2 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup Foods Alive cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp Foods Alive Himylaian Pink Salt
- If possible, soak your cashews overnight in filtered water, just enough to cover the product. If you are unable, I recommend soaking them with boiling water to increase the soaking technique.
- Once soaked, remove the water and reserve the nuts.
- Start off by combining your almond flour, sugar of choice, and flour together in a bowl. Next, add your melted coconut oil and combine fully. It will be a cakey-like consistency but be sure to combine all of the ingredients as best as possible.
- Next, using the crust mixture, scoop the mixture into your tart trays and create the crust edges while patting down on the base with either your fingers or a spoon.
- With your oven set to 350, bake your crusts for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Once cooked, allow them to cool slightly while you finish your chocolate filling.
Chocolate Filing Instructions:
- Strain your cashews and add them to a high-speed blender (preferably a Vitamix.)
- Follow this by adding your other ingredients and blending until fully combined. You may have to scrape the sides with a spatula to be able to achieve that creamy texture.
- If your mixture still does not appear smooth enough to your liking, be sure to put it through a fine mesh strainer or a chinois if necessary.
- Next, pour the mixture into your tart crusts, evenly distributing between pans. Any leftover chocolate can be an initial sweet treat! 😛
- Finally, add the tarts to a fridge for 15 minutes or so to harden. Once this occurs, pop the base of the trays to reveal your formed tart. Plate, sprinkle with desired garnishings, & enjoy!
More Recipes To Enjoy
Did you try this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you make this recipe! That way you can share with your friends and I can better understand which recipes everyone is loving on the site! If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Tag @chefdeeboss in the post & in the caption so that I can see your creations!
To find out the proper way to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.