Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
These falafel burgers are an easy-to-make vegan burger that’s perfect for those that love the taste of falafel but may not have the time to soak the beans! They are filling, flavorful, and perfect to make ahead of time.
A Few Notes On These No-Soak Chickpea Falafel Burger Recipe
These falafel burgers are not the traditional falafel that you buy at a restaurant. Most falafel will be deep-fried while also being made of soaked dried chickpeas vs canned. This is a recipe I’ve created as I know many friends and family love the taste of falafel however may not be willing to wait for the beans to soak overnight, nor fully deep-fry the product.
There is something about knowing you’re eating an entirely fried dish vs. making a fried dish. This helps to speed up the falafel-making process while reducing the amount of oil used in the recipe. If you would like to make this recipe with dried chickpeas you will simply need to cook the burgers a little longer. I suggest reducing the heat as well to ensure they do not burn.
No-soak Chickpea Falafel Burgers
- ½ yellow onion – medium diced
- ½ cup frozen sweet peas
- 1.5 cups canned garbanzo beans This is the only time you should used canned garbanzos for falafel to acheive perfect texture!
- 2 small-medium garlic cloves or 1 tbsp roasted garlic (see recipe on my blog)
- 1 tsp za’atar
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp salt
- ¼ black pepper
- Subtle dash of cardamom optional
- 1/4 c + 1tbsp gluten free flour blend
- 1 cup gluten free panko
- ⅓ cup avocado oil for pan frying
- 1 bunch curly parsley
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Wash all of your produuce and herbs a few hours prior if possible. I prefer having my herbs dry prior to working with them.
- Start off by dicing your onion into medium dice. Rough chop is fine as it will be pulsed.
- Follow with finely chopping your herbs as the food processor will not chop it exactly how we want it. Reserve.
- Using your food processor, add youur rinsed chickpeas and remaining ingredients except your oil and panko. Pulse until well combined. Once combined, add in your herbs. You want it thick enough to form a pattie but not thin enough to be a dip.
- Next, add the pulsed igredients to a bowl and your panko. Form into 6 patties.
- Using your non stick pan, shallow fry your burgers making sure not to crowd the pan.
- If freezing, allow to cool and when ready to reaheat in your air fryer dress with avocado oil and reheat for 10 minutes at 375-400 degrees.
More Recipes To Try With These Burgers
Did you try this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you make this recipe! That way you can share with your friends and I can better understand which recipes everyone is loving on the site! If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Find out the right way to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.
Tag me! @chefdeeboss
Leave a Reply