Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Hi Everyone!! Please see the below recipes for the Blue Spirulina Smoothie as well as the Chai Tea Latte Smoothie that we previously made on-site together! For these recipes you’ll need a high-speed blender, glass, cutting board, knife, spoon, measuring cups and spoons, as well as a few bowls to soak ingredients.
The cashews and dates should be soaked prior to class if possible to help soften them. If you are able to get ripe bananas to slice and freeze prior to the class that will work out best. Whole foods sells frozen sliced bananas if in a pinch while spirulina may be able to be found in stores. Green spirulina will sometimes be easier to find vs. blue while having more of an algae-like flavor. I recommend the brand I have linked here.
Chai Tea Latte Smoothie:
- 1⁄2 RIPE frozen banana
- 1-2 dates
- 1⁄4 tsp turmeric
- Dash black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup chai tea (no sugar) The brand I have linked is decaf!
- 1⁄3 – 1⁄2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1⁄8 cup cashews
- 1 cup ice (approx 4 ice cubes)
- Fresh ginger & turmeric (or dried turmeric) as desired
- Dash of allspice & fresh nutmeg (optional)
- Shot of espresso (optional)
1. Soak your dates and cashews (in separate containers with filtered water until softened) This will take about 1 hour or 10 mins with boiling water.
2. Drain the water and peel the seeds out of the dates and dispose of them
3. Combine the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until combined. (I recommend a vitamix)
3. Serve & Enjoy!
4. Add a shot of espresso for even more flavor! (my personal favorite – check out how it looks in my stories when adding a shot)
Blue Spirulina Smoothie:
- 2/3 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup oat milk or desired milk of choice / water also works! (You may also sub this with extra almond butter & water)
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1/4-1/2 frozen organic blueberries
- 1/2-1 tsp blue spirulina
- 1 heaping tbsp almond butter
- Pinch sea salt (optional)
- Ripen the bananas prior to the class and slice them to freeze. This will help to make your smoothie the right temperature, taste, and texture.
- Combine all ingredients into your blender, making sure that the almond butter and spirulina are on top to help ensure they do not stick to the base or sides when blending. Blend fully, serve & enjoy!
Topic: IMIMOBILE SMOOTHIE HOUR!
Time: Jun 11, 2021 11:45 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 850 2038 6562
Looking forward to seeing everyone in class! Cheers!