This golden milk latte is a quick and easy flavorful beverage to enjoy as a mid-day pick-me-up. It has caffeine-free chai tea, with additional flavor from turmeric, pepper, sweetness, and a shot of espresso!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Why is there black pepper in my golden milk latte?
The reason for the incorporation of black pepper is to help activate the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric. Without adding black pepper to this golden milk latte, it does not carry the same anti-inflammatory benefits or the bioavailability of the product. If you find that the black pepper is too much for you, it’s possible you’ve added too much. Things to keep in mind when using this mixture is to always balance the bitterness with sweetness while stirring or swirling the base of your drink to incorporate the mixture that’s fallen to its base.
Golden Milk Chai Tea Latte
- 2-3 tsp loose Dandelion Red Chai Roasted Herbal Tea I use 2
- 1-1 1/2 cup filtered boiling water
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup steamed oat milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk I like oat and cashew best!
- 2-3 tsp natural maple syrup or honey (I prefer honey for hot, maple for iced!0)
- dash black pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg or ground cinnamon
- ice If making an iced latte
- 1 shot espresso If desired.
- Using a tea kettle, boil your water.
- While your water boils, add 2-3 tsp dandeloin red chai to your pour over drip cone.
- Once your water has boiled, immediately pour it over your tea into your drip brewer.
- Using a milk steamer, steam your milk by adding in the milk, turning it on and proceeding to add in your black pepper, turmeric and maple as the coil runs. Be sure to set the steamer to the "snowflake" cold setting if making an iced latte
- Once it has steamed, pour your mixture over your chai. If making an iced latte, top with desired ice first.
- If you enjoy a sweeter drink, add more maple or honey. The turmeric will add bitterness which means in order to balance it, it will require more sweetness.
- Use a microplane to dust fresh nutmeg on the top or add cinnamon for an extra pop of flavor. Stir & Enjoy.
More Recipes To Enjoy
- Mocktail Passiontfruit Margarita (Great for MCAS!)
- Anti-histamine Tea Recipe
- Gluten-free & Dairy-free Biscuits
Did you try this golden milk latte recipe? Don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you make this recipe! That way you can share with your friends and I can better understand which recipes everyone is loving on the site! If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Find out the right way to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.