Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
This gluten-free dairy-free pizza is something the entire family will love whether you’re a gluten-lover or gluten-free! Skip the store-bought gluten-free pizzas that lack the authentic texture and taste and give this one a try. What’s even better is that this pizza can be made ahead of time and passes the cold-pizza test! This gluten-free dairy-free pizza is made with an array of hearty ingredients including zucchini, herbs, roasted garlic, and topped with a tomato-free red sauce & creamy cashew-based mozzarella.
To pair with this recipe, you’ll want to use this roasted garlic recipe, as well as my tomato-free red sauce recipe noted below.
Ingredients In This Delicious Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Pizza
- Zucchini: Zucchini helps to add a subtle touch of additional texture while adding both great antioxidants and fiber content. I use the large grater holes for this recipe.
- Gluten-Free Flour: Whenever making a gluten-free recipe I always read the chef’s notes as gluten-free flours are not created equal. I use King Arthur’s measure-for-measure gluten-free flour.
- Almond Flour: Almond flour provides additional fat content to the pizza keeping it moist and flavorful. My favorite almond flour is this brand which I use in my gluten-free pancakes and waffle recipe.
- Eggs: Eggs will help to give the crust structure as there is no gluten in the recipe. This is a key ingredient.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil will help to provide moisture to this crust. It is very important that you choose the right coconut oil for this recipe. You want to choose refined coconut oil as it will be flavorless.
- Flavor Enhancers: Roasted Garlic, nutritional yeast, herbs, and spices. All of these ingredients are not necessarily required however I certainly recommend them! Nutritional yeast, za’atar, and roasted garlic are ingredients that pair well with a variety of dishes!
How To Make This Pizza
- Wash & Grate: Wash your zucchini and grate it into a bowl with a touch of salt to remove excess water.
- Heat your oven: This is an important step as we want our cast iron pan hot before baking our pizza crust.
- Bring your eggs to room temperature: This is an important step as we’ll be using coconut oil that will harden in clumps if the eggs are too cold.
- Sift & Combine: Sifting your flours is not 100% necessary for this gluten-free dairy-free pizza as we will be mixing it thoroughly, however, I like to do this to ensure the flours blended perfectly. Once the flours and the baking powder is sifted, combine your remaining ingredients.
- Spread your dough out: Once the pan has heated for about 20-30 minutes, remove it and use a small amount of coconut oil for the base. (I like to use a silicone baking brush.) Follow by spreading your dough onto the cast iron pan and pressing down with a silicone spatula or your hands. Be sure not to burn yourself!
- Bake: Bake the dough for 20-25 minutes and remove it to cool & freeze or to add your sauce and toppings.
- Top it: Since I am unable to have tomatoes safely, I made a red sauce for this recipe however feel free to use any of your favorite tomato sauces. I like this brand when using pre-made tomato sauce. Top with Miyokos mozzarella and any other favorite pizza ingredients.
- Bake again: Bake once more until your cheese has baked to your preference and using a soft malleable spatula, to run along the edge of the pizza to help release it from the cast iron. Once the base of the pizza is free from the pan, lift the pizza with an extra-large spatula to a cutting board or cooling rack.
- Serve & Enjoy!
- 3-4 green apples
- 1 medium-large fennel bulb (fronds removed)
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1/2 bunch kale
Add After Juicing The Above Ingredients
- 1 bunch mint (optional)
- 1-3 tsp black chia seeds (optional)
- 1-2 small limes (optional)
- Wash all of your produce and set up your blender.
- Using your chefs knife slice the products into pieces small enough to be added to your juicer.
- Once ready, add a produce bag to line the waste bucket if you have any on hand. This helps with cleanup.
- Juice, serve, stir and enjoy. If you choose to add mint you'll want to add the juice to a blender and re-strain while adding in your chia seeds last, as well as your lime.
More Recipes To Enjoy
- Broccoli Salad That You’ll Love!
- Sweet Potato Pasta Sauce with Gluten-free Tagliatelle
- Dairy-free butternut squash soup
If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Find out the right way to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.