Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
This flavorful green juice is an easy-to-make juice at home with ingredients found at any supermarket. This can also be combined with chia seeds to make a chia fresca, frequently offered as a popular drink in Mexico.
Tips On Choosing a Juicer For This Green Juice
- Size: One thing that may be necessary to put some thought into is the idea of space and size. If you have a smaller kitchen, juicers are notorious for being larger cumbersome small appliances that may not be ideal for a smaller kitchen. While they are usually taller vs wider in size, it’s something to keep in mind when researching.
- Lifestyle Flexibility: Depending on your healthy lifestyle needs, you may be buying a juicer for a cleanse or simply using it every so often. Depending on what your needs are factoring in all of the above and below points are important factors when choosing.
- Price Point: Certainly price will always be a variable when making a purchasing decision however it’s quite well known that centrifugal juicers are more price-friendly while masticating juicers are less expensive. The catch here (in my opinion) is that centrifugal juicers miss a great deal of the water content when juicing leaving you feeling as if you’ve purchased something that isn’t working correctly. My recommendation would be to always try to purchase well-reviewed masticating juicers over centrifugal options.
- Type: The two main (and major) differences between juicers on the market are whether they are masticating or centrifugal. Centrifugal is a more common juicer seen in homes while a masticating juicer is more common in a juice bar. In terms of juicing quality, I recommend a masticating juicer! For this green juice recipe, I used a centrifugal juicer, however, I much prefer masticating ones.
- 3-4 green apples
- 1 medium-large fennel bulb (fronds removed)
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1/2 bunch kale
Add After Juicing The Above Ingredients
- 1 bunch mint (optional)
- 1-3 tsp black chia seeds (optional)
- 1-2 small limes (optional)
- Wash all of your produce and set up your blender.
- Using your chefs knife slice the products into pieces small enough to be added to your juicer.
- Once ready, add a produce bag to line the waste bucket if you have any on hand. This helps with cleanup.
- Juice, serve, stir and enjoy. If you choose to add mint you'll want to add the juice to a blender and re-strain while adding in your chia seeds last, as well as your lime.
More Recipes To Enjoy
- Vegan Bolognese Sauce
- Sweet Potato Pasta Sauce with Gluten-free Tagliatelle
- Dairy-free butternut squash soup
If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Find out the right way to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.