Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
This dairy-free feta salad is a must for this summer. It’s made with crunchy Persian cucumbers, dairy-free feta, tart green apple, and crumbly gluten-free croutons. It’s dressed in a honey lemon vinagrette making it extra flavorful.
Ingredients For This Dairy-free Feta Salad
- Dairy-free feta: For this salad, I like to use the brand Violife to achieve the flavors of feta, without the dairy.
- Cucumbers: By using Persian cucumbers over traditional slicer cucumbers you’ll get added crunch without having as much water content. You may also use English cucumbers if desired.
- Croutons: These gluten-free croutons give this salad another form of texture and crunch while adding a savory softness when paired with feta.
- Mixed Greens: Mixed greens will give the salad bulk while contributing to the fiber content and texture variety.
- Nuts & Seeds: The pistachios and sunflower seeds bring a creamy element to this salad while also providing healthy fats, protein, and fiber.
- Lemon Honey Mustard Dressing: This lemon honey dressing is the perfect pairing to the above ingredients. It’s just sweet enough to bring together the flavors from the salad while balancing the rich garlic flavor in the dressing.
Ways To Serve This Salad
This dairy-free feta salad is filling enough to stand alone as a main course while being perfect as a side as well.
Pair it with grilled or roasted proteins: Whether you’re making falafel burgers, a roasted salmon fillet, beef koftas, or grilling garlicky chicken, this dish pairs great with a variety of proteins.
Serve it with snacks: Try my hummus and honey dip or Macedonian Ajvar to enjoy as a lighter dish for a summer lunch!
Dairy-free Feta Salad
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped shallot
- 1 tsp mustard seeds or 1 tbsp whole grain mustard (use mustard seeds if MCAS patient)
- 2 tsp roasted garlic
- ½ tsp parsley or dill
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- ⅓-½ cup olive oil
- Crack black pepper and salt
- ¼ cup sliced green apple
- ¼ cup vegan feta
- 3-4 Persian cucumbers or 1 English cucumber
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup chopped pistachios
- 2 large handfuls mixed greens
- 1/4 tsp Black cumin seed optional
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Urfa Biber Pepper optional
- 1/2-1 cup gluten-free croutons find my recipe linked above!
- Start off by rinsing your produce and allow your herbs to dry overnight or for a few hours.
- Once ready to make your dressing, chop your parsley or dill as well as your garlic and shallot. Reserve.
- Combine all of your ingredients in a bowl except your oil. Once combined fully, add in your oil slowly to incorporate.
- Wash all of your produce and allow them dry.
- Next, slice your green apple on a mandolin and follow by slicing into matchsticks.
- Follow by medium dicing your cucumber as well as your feta.
- Next, make your croutons and allow to cool. Reference the crouton recipe I've linked above for this recipe.
- When you're ready to serve, combine all of your ingreidents in a large bowl along with the deisred amount of dressing you'd like to enjoy with your salad. Reserve the remaining amount.
- Plate by topping with Urfa Biber and/or lightly ground black cumin seed.
More Recipes To Enjoy
- Mocktail Passiontfruit Margarita (Great for MCAS!)
- Anti-histamine Tea Recipe
- Gluten-free & Dairy-free Biscuits
Did you try this golden milk latte recipe? Don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you make this recipe! That way you can share with your friends and I can better understand which recipes everyone is loving on the site! If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Find out the right way to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.
Leave a Reply