Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
These curry chicken salad wraps are a delicious blend of authentic Indian seasonings, crunchy celery, herbs, grilled chicken, and wrapped in vibrant collard greens. The chicken salad is an easy recipe to make ahead of time that’s full of flavor and texture, filled with healthy fats, and quality crunch!
How To Make This Curry Chicken Wrap
- Wash: Wash all of your ingredients for this curry chicken salad and allow to dry overnight if using fresh herbs.
- Marinate: For this recipe to have as much flavor as possible, be sure to allow the chicken to marinate for at least 1 hour or up to one day/overnight. I prefer to let the mixture marinate overnight for maximum flavor. Using chicken thighs is preferable instead of chicken breasts. You may also use rotisserie chicken!
- Grill, roast, or simmer: Regardless of the cooking method used, it’s important to choose what’s available to you at home. You can cook the chicken in an air fryer, or even a panini press. Each way will provide additional flavors. I prefer grilling for this recipe!
- Season & Taste: Seasoning any recipe will require you to taste it to align it with your personal preferences. Some people may feel this recipe needs additional seasoning while others will find it just right. I have a philosophy that tasting your work (cooking) throughout the cooking process is a part of being a self-aware cook. Knowing what you like and how to adjust it properly is an important aspect of becoming a stronger one too!
- Submerge & Shock: Using the blanching method is something most people have not had the opportunity to do. The idea behind this is to make the product more vibrant in color as well as make it more pliable. When blanching you will notice the vibrant green of the collards to be made visible. This is due to the chlorophyll in the plant becoming more vibrant due to heat. To keep this color, submerge it in an ice bath until cool.
- Wrap & Roll: Wrap your chicken salad with your carrots or veggie of choice in your collard greens and roll until snug! Cut, serve, and enjoy!
Products I Used In This Recipe
For this curry chicken wrap, I used a mandolin that is perfect for slicing veggies. This is the only mandolin that I recommend and I swear by it for each of my clients, and any student I’ve helped to teach. It is easy to hold as it is a smaller model while also being sharp enough to use with the included metal teeth. Additionally, a digital thermometer is an important tool in any home cook or chef’s toolbox as it will provide you safety in knowing that your meat is done to the correct internal temperature. I highly recommend the one linked below!
Curry Chicken Wrap
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2-3 large celery sticks
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- 1-2 green onions
- 1 tbsp roasted garlic purée
- Salt & pepper freshly cracked
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo or 2 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- maple (as desired)
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2-3 tsp tandoori marsala
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 tsp lemon juice fresh
- ½ full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp maple
- Cracked Black pepper
- 1 lb of chicken thighs.
- Bring a bowl of salted water to a boil. Have an ice bath ready
- Using a chefs knife, remove the thick stem on the back runnning the knife along it.
- Use 2-3 tbsp of the marinade to your veggies and then add your chicken to marinate.
- Taste after grilling and adding to mixture and salt and pepper to taste if it needs it
More Recipes To Enjoy
- Broccoli Salad That You’ll Love!
- Sweet Potato Pasta Sauce with Gluten-free Tagliatelle
- Air Fryer Whole Cauliflower
If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Find out the right way to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.