Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
This classic guacamole recipe is always a favorite for a crowd, or for your taco nights. It’s filled with lots of avocados, garlic, lime, and jalapeños. I’ve created this recipe for a larger crowd or to make it ahead of time just for your own enjoyment.
How To Keep This Classic Guacamole Recipe Fresh From Oxidation
One of the most frustrating things is slicing an avocado open to find that it’s oxidized or it has a MASSIVE pit. We want extra guac always and when oxidation occurs it makes for a very unpleasant reality!
The best way to keep your classic guacamole recipe fresh is to store the guacamole in a container that is completely full to its lid. This means that when the lid goes on, the guacamole should nearly overflow creating direct contact with the underside of the lid and all of the walls of the base. This helps to ensure oxidation is at a minimum and will store correctly.
Classic Guacamole Recipe
- Juice of 1 large lime or 2-3 smaller Limes
- ¼ Red onion or approximately ¼ cup
- ½ tsp chopped jalapeno
- 5-7 avocados
- 2 cloves garlic
- Peppers or tomatoes optional / remove if sensitive
- ¼ cup chopped Cilantro
- ½-1 tsp cumin
- Cracked pepper
- Cracked salt
- Tortilla Chips or veggies for dipping!
- Wash all of your ingredients and set up your equipment.
- Using a chef's knife slice each of your limes and reserve. Next, cut your red onion into small diced pieces along with your jalapeno into extra fine chops. Reserve both in a large bowl.
- Follow with salting the onion and jalapeno. Using your chef's knife take your garlic clove and pressing with the base of the blade near the heel of the knife, smash your garlic clove to remove the papery skin.
- Next, chop your garlic into fine pieces or run the blade's cutting edge along the garlic creating a paste at an angled position over the garlic. Add this to your mixture and stir to combine.
- Next, slice open your avocados and remove from the skin and pit. Reserve in your bowl and begin to smash them with a large fork or a whisk or avocado masher. Whatever you have that works is great!
- Next, squeeze your lime juice over the avocado mixture. Feel free to adjust how much lime juice you desire. Chop your cilantro next and reserve.
- Add in your salt, cumin, pepper, as well as your chopped cilantro and adjust to your desired flavor needs.
More Recipes To Enjoy
Did you try this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you make this recipe! That way you can share with your friends and I can better understand which recipes everyone is loving on the site! If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Find out the right way to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.