Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Pesto is always a wonderful dish to create regardless of the season, but most certainly arugula pesto is even more enjoyable! While it’s ideal for summer, it’s comforting flavor profiles are fantastic when looking to utilize a tomato-free sauce for those popular Italian nights!
A Note On This Arugula Pesto Sauce
This arugula pesto is one of my favorites to have on hand. It goes well with pasta dishes, salads, morning breakfasts, as well on toasts or sandwiches! This dish is loaded with healthy fats from pistachios, full of nutrient-dense greens, as well as delicious flavors from truffle and arugula.
Make Some Of It Ahead Of Time
If choosing to make this arugula pesto sauce ahead of time, it’s important to note it needs to be stored in the refrigerator. While it is a “dressing” or sauce with quite a bit of oil that helps to preserve it; it still needs to be kept in your fridge.
Dairy-Free Pesto With Gluten-Free Noodles
- 1 cup pistachios (sub with 1/2 cup macadamias + 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast if desired)
- 1 3 oz container basil remove stems
- 2 cups packed arugula (or astro arugula if looking for a spicy kick!)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp salt or desired salt blend
- 1-1.5 tsp garlic granules
- 1 packet Gluten-free tagliatelle pasta (9 oz) Jovial brand is my favorite!
- filtered water to cover
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Truffle Salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/4 tsp paprika (optional)
- 1/2 finely minced shallot (optional)
- 1/2 tsp truffle or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb chicken
- Read the full instructions and begin with your chicken first if making the dish all at once. If you have chosen to make your pesto ahead of time, read the following step.
- Add you pistachios to a food processor and pulse until small pieces have been achieved.
- Next, add in your remaining ingredients except your olive oil and pulse until desired texture. I do not like to have mine be fully blended as I enjoy a subtle crunch from the pistachios.
- Reserve in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Bring your water & salt to a boil and add your pasta.
- Allow your pasta to cook for 9 minutes. Remove and strain pasta to then combine with your pesto. I like to use around 3-5 tbsp of pesto for this dish. If a small amount of water still remains this is okay as it will help bring moisture to our dish.
- Prior to starting on your pesto if making all at once, lightly marinate your chicken and dice into 1-2 inch pieces. Reserve in a bowl overnight if making ahead of time, or allow to sit for a few minutes while your grill or pan heats.
- Next, cook your chicken until fully cooked (an internal temp of 165) and proceed to add it to your pasta mixture. I prefer the chicken grilled as it brings further depth of flavors.
Final Dish/Garnish/Presentation Instructions:
- After assembling your above ingredients as one, top the dish with freshly shaved truffles or preserved truffles, as well as truffle salt or any further pesto sauce. You can add parmesan cheese if desired as well.
More Recipes To Enjoy
Did you try this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you make this recipe! That way you can share with your friends and I can better understand which recipes everyone is loving on the site! If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Find out the right way to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.