Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
This Autumn Kale Salad is the perfect fit for your holiday meals. It’s a nutrient-dense option with an array of flavors, textures, and flexibility. You’re able to enhance it with your favorite cheeses or to compliment your desired proteins of choice. This Autumn Kale Salad is made up of delicata squash, crunchy croutons, pepitas, golden raisins, quinoa, apple honey vinaigrette, and more.
Autumn Kale Salad
Honey Apple Vinaigrette
- 1 medium shallot
- 1/4 cup lemon
- 3-4 tbsp honey or 3 tbsp honey + 1 tbsp apple cider (remember you'll have sweetness from the raisins too!)
- cracked black pepper (as desired)
- 2 tbsp chopped curly parsley
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2-4 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup evoo
Uncooked Salad Portion
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 bunches kale I do not recommend buying kale that's bagged!
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- dressing as desired
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- 1 filtered water
- 1 small delicata squash
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt if desired
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
Croutons (search for under my soup & salad tab)
- 1 cup croutons
- If preparing this dish ahead of time, you'll want to start with the salad dressing, pepitas, quinoa, and croutons. The croutons have been linked below this recipe.
Honey Apple Vinaigrette Instructions
- To begin this recipe, start off by chopping your washed & dried curly parsley. If you do not have fresh parsley you may sub this ingredient with herbs de provence seasoning.
- Next, peel and finely chop your garlic. Once it is slightly chopped, holding the top of your chefs knife lying slightly angled on the garlic – pull the knife gently over the garlic and repeat to create a paste-like texture. Add to a bowl.
- Follow with your mustard seeds, and remaining ingredients except for your oil. Allow the mustard seeds to swell slightly. Once you've combined the ingredients, pour in your olive oil while stirring/whisking.
- Once complete, add the mixture to a glass container with a lid to reserve for the meal by storing it in the fridge.
- Heat your oven to 350 and add your pepitas to a sheet tray. Cook them for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Cool & reserve for your meal.
Delicata Squash Instructions
- Slice your delicata squash into thin slices. Once cut, add your oil and salt to them on a sheet tray.
- Heat your oven to 400 and cook for about 10-15 minutes depending on how thin you've sliced your squash. Reserve once complete for your salad.
Caramelized Onions Instructions
- Slice your onion into diced sized pieces and add to a hot oiled pan cooking on high.
- Cook the onions on high while reducing to medium low heat until caramelized. Reserve
Salad Instructions (Bringing it all together)
- Add your dressing and kale to a large bowl while bringing together with salad tongs. Make sure to massage the dressing into the kale to help it break down slightly.
- Next, follow with your remaining ingredients and any additional dressing needed by giving the mixture a taste.
- Once you've mixed all of your ingredients in add any salt and pepper to top the dish. Serve & Enjoy!
More Recipes To Enjoy
Did you try this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you make this recipe! That way you can share with your friends and I can better understand which recipes everyone is loving on the site! If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Find out the right way to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.