Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
These almond crackers are easy-to-make, crunchy, and flavorful made with a few ingredients from my LettuceGrow Farmstand. These almond crackers are able to be made in a traditional oven versus a dehydrator or being deep-fried.
How To Perfect These Almond Fennel Crackers
- Follow the recipe exactly. In order for these crackers to come out as intended, it’s important not to substitute the ingredients with anything else.
- Get in there with your hands. Don’t be afraid to really work the dough to incorporate the ingredients.
- Make it flat. For these crackers to be as crunchy and light as possible, it’s important to create a thin cracker. If the crackers are not rolled thin enough you’ll end up with a tough cracker that’s not as crunchy.
- Do not overbake the crackers. If you overbake the crackers they may result in a bitter taste which is not what we’re looking for with this recipe. Be sure to follow the time below while also adjusting the time if your oven runs a bit hot or cool.
Almond Fennel Crackers
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano from your LettuceGrow Farmstand!
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup almond meal packed.
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp chopped fennel fronds from your LettuceGrow Farmstand!
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp quality olive oil
- Start off by adding your water and ground flax and let it sit for a few minutes while you chop your oregano and fennel seeds. Also, Set your oven to 335.
- Finely chop your fennel seeds, oregano, and fennel fronds.
- Next, add all of your ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly with clean hands.
- Follow by working the dough into a ball.
- Using parchment paper, line your baking sheet with it, folding the sides along the edge to create a crease in your parchment paper. Remove the parchment paper from the tray and put it on your countertop along with your dough on top of it.
- Follow this with another piece of parchment paper to add over the dough. Roll it out as thin as possible within the limits of the creased parchment paper.
- Carefully add the dough back onto the baking tray/sheet, fixing any potential cracks that may have occcurred during transfer.
- Remove the top parchment paper layer and use a pizza cutter to slice down the almond crackers to create squares or rectangles. Top with flaked salt if desired.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes. Ensure they are not burning.
- When making these crackers its entegral that they are extremely thin and do not burn. These are flavorful crackers when cooked correctly. If they burn they will become slightly bitter.
Recipes To Try With These Almond Fennel Crackers
Did you try this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you make this recipe! That way you can share with your friends and I can better understand which recipes everyone is loving on the site! If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Find out how to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.