Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase through clicking my link. It has no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
This easy Air Fryer Whole Cauliflower is a flavorful and delicious side dish to accompany your next meal. It has minimal prep, minimal ingredients, and takes only a few minutes to create from start to finish.
Air Fryer Whole Cauliflower Tools
I have had the chance to utilize a wide array of tools (specifically air fryers) thanks to my clients. Each client has used a different brand and I have found that the brand I enjoy most is the ones linked below. I recommend that a larger air fryer be purchased vs a smaller one. You will have more versatility when using a larger one with a basket design vs a small size that doesn’t fit much. I’ve linked my favorites below!
Air Fryer Whole Cauliflower
- 1 lb whole head of cauliflower
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp za'atar
- Start off by washing your cauliflower and peeling away at the leaves. Remove the base of the cauliflower and reserve if there is any quality remains to cook as well. Be sure to cut the cauliflower as flat as possible at it's base.
- Next, allow it to dry and add it to your air fryer TO MEASURE ONLY. If it does not allow you to close it due to the height, you'll need to cook this in the oven which will take longer.
- Adjust the height to the air fryer if desired and bring a pot of salted water to a boil. You want the water to cover 1/4 to 1/2 of the cauliflower. Place the cauliflower with the top down into the water.
- While the cauliflower cooks, make your oil & ghee mixture with the seasonings. Reserve.
- Once it has boiled, add the cauliflower and keep it covered on high and then reduced to medium, still covered.
- Cook for no more than 15 minutes. You can test the base of the cauliflower to be al dente with a fork. You do not want it completely soft.
- Next, remove the water from the pan. Using a plate larger then the pot, place the plate (or shallow bowl) on top of the pot and flip it, being sure not to burn yourself.
- Using a pastry or grill brush, dress the cauliflower with the mixture and put in the air fryer scooping from the base of the cauliflower with a spatula to keep it whole. Cook for 10-15 minutes on 400 degrees.
- Remove the cauliflower the same way it was added, picking up from the base. Serve, Salt & Season. Enjoy!
More Recipes To Enjoy
Did you try this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you make this recipe! That way you can share with your friends and I can better understand which recipes everyone is loving on the site! If you have a private Instagram account I may not see your tag. Feel free to DM me to let me know! I sincerely appreciate your support <3!
We love your shares! Find out the right way to share: Please click here to see our Photography & Recipe Sharing Policy.